Uploading your Abbott Precision Xtra
1. First, a few notes:
- The Precision Xtra can only be uploaded via a Windows PC at this time.
- You must have the most recent version of Google Chrome installed.
- The Precision Xtra requires a driver to be installed on your computer. This step is not necessary if you already have Abbott FreeStyle CoPilot software installed.
- We offer an All-In-One driver that installs device drivers for devices you can use with the Tidepool Uploader. You can find this driver here: Tidepool.org Downloads
- The Precision Xtra requires a special cable that can be difficult to acquire. We do not have a vendor we recommend, but if you wish to look for it you can find it on supplier sites such as: http://diabetic-supplies-online.com/precision-data-cable-with-strip-port-p-109.html
The cable you see at the above link is an example of the type of cable necessary to interface with this glucose meter.
2. Uploading Your Precision Xtra:
Connect your Precision Xtra via the special USB cable and wait for the glucose meter to show “]--PC”.
Select “Upload” in the Tidepool Uploader window.
The Uploader will begin to process your data and you will see a progress bar. It is common for the Uploader to progress to pause at various percentages throughout this process.
Once the upload finishes, you can upload any other devices you would like to upload. Or, you can click “Go to Blip” or return to an already open session of Blip to see your data. If you do not see your new data, please reload the webpage.
If your Precision Xtra fails to upload, please try the following:
- Please remember, it only uploads on Windows currently.
- Unplug the device from the special USB cable and plug it back in, and click “Upload” again.
- Error: Device not recognized / Unable to read device.
Switching the USB Port should resolve this error.
The first time a device is plugged into a USB port, Windows will take anywhere from seconds to a couple of minutes to install a driver on that port. Switching to a USB port where the driver has already been installed means it will work immediately.
- Please make sure you have installed the latest Windows updates as this can keep the computer from correctly recognizing the device.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions or feedback on this article.