Uploading your Dexcom G4 or G5 receiver
1. Connect your Dexcom Receiver via a Micro USB cable.
Wait for the Receiver to indicate that it is charging.
ATTENTION: Please download and install the general driver from Tidepool Drivers prior to attempting to upload your device.
2. Confirm that the correct target account and time zone are selected.
2. Select “Upload” in the Tidepool Uploader window.
The Uploader will begin to process your data and you will see a progress bar. It is common for the Uploader to progress to pause at various percentages throughout this process.
Once the upload finishes, you can upload any other devices you would like to upload. Or, you can click “Go to Blip” or return to an already open session of Blip to see your data. If you do not see your new data, please reload Tidepool.
- If your Dexcom fails to upload, please try the following:
- Please be sure that you have installed the driver package:
- Unplug the device from the Micro-USB cable and plug it back in, and click “Upload” again.
- Switch the USB port that the Receiver is attached to on your computer
- Try another Micro-USB cable. Some Micro-USB cables are designed to carry a signal for power only.
- Check that your device is charging when plugged into the cable - if it is not, then you may have a faulty cable or a faulty USB port on your device.
- If you are on a Windows PC, please make sure you have installed the latest Windows updates as this can keep the computer from correctly recognizing the device.
- If you uploaded your data, and see nothing in your Blip Account, please try the following:
- Refresh your Blip Account
- If you have only uploaded your Dexcom, please note that this will not show any data in the Basics or Weekly Views at this time. Please go to the Daily View or Trends to see your CGM data.
- Please make sure that you are in the correct time period. The Dexcom Receiver only holds up to ~30 days of data.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article. Please include the article title if you are submitting feedback to make it easier for us to identify what changes need to be made.