Uploading a Tandem Insulin Pump
This article assumes that:
- You have a Blip account.
- The Tidepool Uploader already installed on your computer.
- You have installed the Tidepool driver package from Tidepool Downloads
For help with above requirements, see our Getting Started guide.
1. Connect your Tandem device to your computer
The Tandem t:slim, t:slim G4,t:slim X2, and t:flex pumps use a micro-USB cable to communicate with your Mac or Windows PC. This is a common cable and one should have come with your pump. This cable is commonly used for data transfer and charging with other electronics, so it is likely you have one in your house already. If you do not, you can easily find them online.
Please note: some micro-USB cables are only able to charge devices, and do not transfer data. If your cable is not working to upload your device, please try another cable.
- Launch the Tidepool Uploader. (In a Chrome browser, type chrome://apps and select the Tidepool Uploader.)
- Log into your account.
- Select Tandem and any other relevant devices on the Choose Devices screen.
- Select your time zone.
- Disconnect your Tandem pump and connect it via the micro-USB port under the rubber flap.
- Click "Upload" in the Uploader.
- Leave the Uploader window in the foreground while it uploads. This allows the Uploader to execute the upload more quickly as it has access to more of your computer's processing power.
- After the upload is complete, reconnect your pump and resume insulin delivery.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions or feedback on this article. Please include the article title if you are submitting feedback to make it easier for us to identify what changes need to be made.