Uploading your Animas Ping or Vibe
This article assumes that:
- You have a Tidepool account.
- The Tidepool Uploader already installed on your computer.
- You have installed the Tidepool driver package from Tidepool Downloads
For help with above requirements, see our Getting Started guide.
1. Connect the Animas IR Cable to your computer
To read data from an Animas pump, you must use a custom USB-to-infrared cable. This is the cable that typically comes with the Animas pump. Connect the cable to your computer.
If you don't have the ActiSYS IR cable, you can order one directly from the cable manufacturer, ActiSYS web). It is model number ACT-IR224UN-Li2. If you have a cable with a different serial number, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Launch the Tidepool Uploader. (In a Chrome browser, type chrome://apps and select the Tidepool Uploader.)
- Log in to your account.
- Select Animas and any other relevant devices on the Choose Devices screen.
- Select your time zone.
- Disconnect your Animas pump and put it in Suspend mode.
- Align the back side of the pump with the end of the IR cable. Ideally, the cable and the device will be a few centimeters apart. Please Note: If the pump and the IR dongle are not communicating as intended, try turning the cable's end onto its side, or raising the IR dongle to get the pump and cable into closer alignment.
- Click Upload.
- After the upload is complete, resume insulin delivery.
Please note: The pump screen must stay lit and the pump and cable must remain in alignment for the duration of the upload. Please do not move either device. Leaving the Uploader selected on your computer (in front of other windows) will allow it to execute the upload more quickly.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article. Please include the article title if you are submitting feedback to make it easier for us to identify what changes need to be made.