Tidepool Big Data Donation Project
How to Donate Your Data and Support Diabetes Non-Profit Organizations
You can support other diabetes non-profit organizations through the Tidepool Big Data Donation Project. Any time an industry partner uses Tidepool's paid dataset qualification services and your donated dataset is selected, Tidepool will donate 10% of the proceeds to a non-profit organization of your choice.
For more information on the Tidepool Big Data Donation Project, please read this blog post.
New to Tidepool?
Step 1: Create your free account at tidepool.org/signup.
Step 2: Follow the instructions to verify your account and Setup Data Storage.
Step 3: Check the option to “Donate your anonymized data”
Step 4: Select a nonprofit diabetes organization.
If you would like Tidepool to send 10% of the proceeds generated by your data donation to a nonprofit diabetes organization, select one from the dropdown menu and click Share
Step 5: Start Uploading Your Data
Follow these instructions to get started using the Tidepool Uploader. We recommend setting a reminder to upload your data at least once a month to make sure you don’t have any data gaps.
That's it! By participating in the Tidepool Big Data Donation Project, you're supporting Tidepool and other nonprofits that are working to make changes in diabetes care!
Already have a Tidepool account?
Step 1: Sign in to your Tidepool account in Google Chrome
If you do not have a Tidepool Account, please see our article about Getting Started.
Step 2: Share your Data
- After you have logged in, click "Share".
- Click "Invite new member":
- Enter the email of each organization that you would like to support!
- Share with Tidepool
- or Support a diabetes non-profit organization by sharing with one of these addresses
- Beyond Type 1 - bigdata+BT1@tidepool.org
- CarbDM - bigdata+CARBDM@tidepool.org
- Children with Diabetes - bigdata+CWD@tidepool.org
- College Diabetes Network - bigdata+CDN@tidepool.org
- Diabetes Hands Foundation - bigdata+DHF@tidepool.org
- diaTribe Foundation - bigdata+DIATRIBE@tidepool.org
- JDRF - bigdata+JDRF@tidepool.org
- Nightscout Foundation - bigdata+NSF@tidepool.org
- T1D Exchange - bigdata+T1DX@tidepool.org
- Uncheck "Allow Uploading" and click "Invite".
Step 3: Upload your Data
If you haven’t uploaded your data before, follow these instructions to get started. We recommend setting a reminder to upload your data at least once a month to make sure you don’t have any data gaps.
That's it! By participating in the Tidepool Big Data Donation Project, you're supporting Tidepool and other non-profits that are working to make changes in diabetes care!
Opting Out of the Tidepool Big Data Donation Project
At any time after you have opted in, you can choose to opt out by removing any email address associated with the Tidepool Big Data Donation Project from your Share list. If you opt in, and then later change your preference to opt out, you will not be able to remove or delete data that had been previously donated. Please see part 3 of this article for information on removing members of your Care Team.
To see more information about our Share functionality, please visit this page.
Run a Diabetes Nonprofit?
If you run a diabetes nonprofit organization and would like to participate in the Tidepool Big Data Donation Project, please fill out this form.
Please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!