Uploading your Medtronic 523, 530G, 723 Insulin Pump
This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool Account. If you do not have a Tidepool account, you can create one for free at https://tidepool.org/signup
- Installed the latest version of the Tidepool Uploader. If you have not installed the Tidepool Uploader, you can download the latest version at https://tidepool.org/uploader
- A Medtronic 523, 530G or 723 Insulin Pump. We are currently working on support for Medtronic 630G, 640G, and 670G. Click here to learn more about our Medtronic compatibility.
- A Bayer Contour Next Link Meter.
Uploading Medtronic pumps directly to Tidepool:
Step 1. Select “Medtronic Direct from Bayer Contour Next Link” as your device
Step 2. Enter your insulin pump’s serial number. If you are uploading from your personal computer, you can check “Remember serial number” to have the Tidepool Uploader remember your serial number.
Step 3. Connect your Bayer Contour Next Link meter to one of your computer’s USB ports.
Step 4. Click Upload.
Step 5. After Your Upload is Complete, you can upload additional devices, or click “See data” to view your diabetes data.
Please note: If you encounter any errors uploading your Medtronic 523, 530G, or 723 insulin pump you will see an Upload Failed screen. For example, the message below indicates that some other software like CareLink, OpenAPS, or Loop is attempting to communicate with your insulin pump. You will need to disable that software for the duration of the upload.
Other Troubleshooting Tips
- Confirm you have downloaded the latest version of the Tidepool Uploader (Version 2.x). The version of the Uploader can be found in the footer of the Uploader window. You can download the latest version at https://tidepool.org/uploader.
- Confirm the serial number you entered in the Uploader matches your Medtronic 523, 530G, or 723 insulin pump.
- Shut down and restart the Tidepool Uploader if it has been left open for an extended period of time.
- Disconnect/reconnect your Bayer Contour Next Link meter if it has been connected to your computer for an extended period of time.
If you are seeing an error repeatedly after trying to upload your Medtronic 523, 530G, or 723 insulin pump, please copy the error message text or capture a screenshot of the error message and contact us at email@example.com so we can diagnose the problem.
About Our Medtronic Compatibility
Tidepool is currently compatible with Medtronic 523, 530G, and 723 insulin pumps. We are now working to add Medtronic 630G, 640G, and 670G to our compatibility list. If you would like to help us test 6-series compatibility, please fill out this form.
Why doesn't Tidepool work with Medtronic 522 or 722 insulin pumps?
Because the programmed start time and the actual start time can be affected by various factors, they are not always the same. Trying to infer when the scheduled basal rates actually start and stop, when we only have temp basal start events, suspend/resume times, and basal schedule settings is not worth the risk of presenting possibly inaccurate information.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article. Please include the article title if you are submitting feedback to make it easier for us to identify what changes need to be made.