Uploading your Dexcom G4 data
This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool account - if you do not have a Tidepool account, you can create one for free at https://tidepool.org/signup.
- Installed the latest version of Tidepool Uploader - if you have not installed Tidepool Uploader, you can download the latest version at https://tidepool.org/uploader.
- A compatible Dexcom G4 receiver - you’ll need a Dexcom G4 receiver, an iPhone running Dexcom Share2, an Animas Vibe insulin pump, or a Tandem t:slim G4 insulin pump.
Uploading Dexcom G4 CGM data from your Dexcom G4 receiver
- Plug in your receiver, wait until you see that the receiver is charging before proceeding.
- Launch the Tidepool Uploader and log in to your account.
Confirm "Dexcom" is one of your Devices. You can change your devices by selecting "Choose Devices" from the menu under your name.
Confirm the Tidepool Uploader is set to the right time zone.
Click "Upload" to upload your data. Leaving the Uploader selected on your computer (in front of other windows) will allow it to execute the upload more quickly.
- After the upload is complete, you can upload another device or click "See data" to view your uploaded data.
Troubleshooting common Dexcom G4 receiver uploading issues
If your data fails to upload from your Dexcom G4 receiver, please try the following:
- Please be sure that you have installed the latest version of the Tidepool Uploader.
- Check that your receiver is charging when plugged into the cable - if it is not, then you may have a faulty cable or a faulty USB port on your receiver.
- Unplug the receiver from the Micro-USB cable and plug it back in, wait for the receiver to confirm it is charging before clicking “Upload” again.
- Switch the USB port that the receiver is attached to on your computer, wait for the receiver to confirm it is charging before clicking “Upload” again.
- Try another Micro-USB cable. Some Micro-USB cables are designed to carry a signal for power only.
- If you are on a Windows PC, please make sure you have installed the latest Windows updates as this can keep the computer from correctly recognizing the device.
- Refresh your Tidepool account with the refresh button in the lower left corner of Tidepool Web.
- If you have only uploaded your Dexcom, please note that this will not show any data in the Basics or Weekly Views at this time. Please go to the Daily View or Trends to see your CGM data.
- Please make sure that you are in the correct time period. The Dexcom Receiver only holds up to ~30 days of data.
Uploading Dexcom G4 CGM data from your iPhone
If you use your iPhone to receive Dexcom G4 CGM data using Dexcom Share2, please follow these instructions to upload your Dexcom Share2 data using Tidepool Mobile.
Uploading Dexcom G4 CGM data from your Tandem t:slim G4 insulin pump
If your t:slim G4 has Dexcom data stored, your Dexcom G4 data will upload along with your insulin pump data. Please follow these instructions to upload your t:slim G4 to Tidepool.
Uploading Dexcom G4 data from your Animas Vibe insulin pump.
If your Animas Vibe has Dexcom data stored, your Dexcom G4 data will upload along with your insulin pump data. Please follow these instructions to upload your Animas Vibe to Tidepool.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article. Please include the article title if you are submitting feedback to make it easier for us to identify what changes need to be made.