How to upload your data with Tidepool Mobile
This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool Account - if you do not have a Tidepool account, you can create one for free at https://tidepool.org/signup.
- Installed the latest version of Tidepool Mobile on a compatible iOS device. You can download Tidepool Mobile from the App Store.
- At least one iOS app writing insulin, blood glucose, carbohydrate, or activity data to Apple Health that you want to upload to Tidepool.
The process for uploading your diabetes data from your iPhone from any diabetes app to Tidepool follows the same general process.
- Make sure any diabetes app you want to upload to Tidepool is configured to write to Apple Health. Refer to that app’s instructions for help. We've provided some examples below.
Make sure Tidepool Mobile is configured to read that same data from Apple Health.
Perform a manual sync of your data.
- In the Tidepool Mobile app, tap the menu icon on the top left.
- Connect to Health should already be toggled on. If it isn’t, toggle it on.
- Tap “Sync Health data now”.
- Tap “Sync Health data”.
Verify your data has successfully uploaded in Tidepool Mobile by making a note and opening that note. The time of your note will have to be within a few hours of your diabetes data.
You can also verify your data has successfully uploaded in Tidepool Web by logging in to your account using Google Chrome on your computer.
In order to ensure Tidepool Mobile is able to read and upload your diabetes data, you need to make sure your diabetes app or apps are configured to write data to Apple Health. To access each app’s permissions in Apple Health:
- Open Apple Health.
- Select your desired diabetes app.
- Toggle the desired data you want that app to write to Apple Health to “on”. When set to on, the toggle will be green.
Here are some examples:
If you are using DIY Loop with SpikeApp, do not change any of your Apple Health permissions for either App.
If you do not see the “Connect to Health” option in Tidepool Mobile:
- Please make sure you have completed your account registration, including setting up data storage by logging into your account at https://app.tidepool.org from your computer.
- If you and your child each have a Tidepool account, please note that only accounts that upload data (likely your child’s account) will have the option in Tidepool Mobile to sync with Apple Health. If you’d like the ability to upload your own diabetes data, log in to your account on using Google Chrome on your computer at https://app.tidepool.org and select “Create a Data Storage Account”.
- Completely uninstall and reinstall Tidepool Mobile on your iPhone and try connecting Tidepool Mobile to Apple Health again.
If you have successfully synced your data from your phone but do not see your data:
- In Tidepool Mobile, make a new note, then tap that note to open it and view your data.
- Using Google Chrome on your computer, login to your Tidepool account at https://app.tidepool.org.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions or feedback on this article. Please include the article title if you are submitting feedback to make it easier for us to identify what changes need to be made.