Uploading your Dexcom G4 or G5 receiver
This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool Account - if you do not have a Tidepool account, you can create one for free at https://tidepool.org/signup.
- Installed the latest version of the Tidepool Uploader - if you have not installed the Tidepool Uploader, you can download the latest version at https://tidepool.org/uploader.
- A Dexcom G4 or G5 Receiver - see this article for instructions to upload Dexcom data from an iPhone with Tidepool Mobile. Dexcom data can also be uploaded from a Tandem t:slim X2 insulin pump that has been upgraded to display Dexcom data.
- A micro-USB cable - this is a common cable and one should have come from Dexcom with your receiver.
1. Connect Your Dexcom Receiver to Your Computer.
Wait for the Receiver to indicate that it is charging.
2. Select “Upload” in the Tidepool Uploader window.
- Launch the Tidepool Uploader and log in to your account.
- Confirm "Dexcom" is one of your Devices. You can change your devices by selecting "Choose Devices" from the menu under your name.
Confirm the Tidepool Uploader is set to the right time zone.
Click "Upload" to upload your data. Leaving the Uploader selected on your computer (in front of other windows) will allow it to execute the upload more quickly.
- After the upload is complete, you can upload another device or click "See data" to view your uploaded data.
- If your Dexcom fails to upload, please try the following:
- Please be sure that you have installed the latest version of the Tidepool Uploader.
- Check that your device is charging when plugged into the cable - if it is not, then you may have a faulty cable or a faulty USB port on your receiver.
- Unplug the device from the Micro-USB cable and plug it back in, wait for the receiver to confirm it is charging before clicking “Upload” again.
- Switch the USB port that the Receiver is attached to on your computer, wait for the receiver to confirm it is charging before clicking “Upload” again.
- Try another Micro-USB cable. Some Micro-USB cables are designed to carry a signal for power only.
- If you are on a Windows PC, please make sure you have installed the latest Windows updates as this can keep the computer from correctly recognizing the device.
- If you uploaded your data, and see nothing in your Tidepool Account, please try the following:
- Refresh your Tidepool Account
- If you have only uploaded your Dexcom, please note that this will not show any data in the Basics or Weekly Views at this time. Please go to the Daily View or Trends to see your CGM data.
- Please make sure that you are in the correct time period. The Dexcom Receiver only holds up to ~30 days of data.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article. Please include the article title if you are submitting feedback to make it easier for us to identify what changes need to be made.