Uploading your Dexcom Data to Tidepool via your iPhone
This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool Account - if you do not have a Tidepool account, you can create one for free at https://tidepool.org/signup.
- Installed the latest version of Tidepool Mobile - Tidepool Mobile is available for iOS. Download the latest version from the App Store.
- A Dexcom G4 or G5 CGM.
- Installed the latest version of Dexcom's Mobile App - Dexcom G4 transmitters can communicate with Dexcom Share2 on iOS. Dexcom G5 transmitters can communicate with the Dexcom G5 Mobile App.
1. Connect your Dexcom App to Apple Health
For G5 users:
- Open the Dexcom G5 Mobile App. Tap the left most menu icon from the home screen.
- Select 'Settings', then 'Health' and make sure it is enabled.
For G4 users:
- Open the Dexcom Share2 App. Select Account from the menu.
- Select Health, then select Enable.
2. Allow Dexcom to write Blood Glucose data to Health
3. Connect Tidepool Mobile to Health
- Open Tidepool Mobile, log in to your account, and tap the menu to open Settings
- Toggle "Connect to Health".
- You will then get an Apple Health screen that will ask for permission to let Tidepool read data from Health. Toggle the switch next to Blood Glucose to allow Tidepool Mobile to read data.
Then, you can log into Tidepool on the web from your computer at app.tidepool.org and see your Dexcom data in Tidepool on the Web's Daily View.
Please note that Dexcom data from Apple Health is delayed by 3 hours.
If you notice your data is not uploading from Tidepool Mobile, there are a few things you can check.
1. Confirm Dexcom has permission to write to Apple Health. Check this by opening Apple Health, select Sources, select Dexcom, confirm Dexcom is allowed to write Blood Glucose data to Apple Health.
2. Confirm Dexcom data is successfully writing to Apple Health. Open Apple Health, select Sources, select Dexcom, select Data, select Blood Glucose, and you should see recent CGM data from the Dexcom app stored in Apple Health.
3. Confirm Tidepool has permission to read data from Apple Health. Open Apple Health, select Sources, select Tidepool, confirm Tidepool is allowed to read Blood Glucose data from Apple Health. 4. Manually sync your Dexcom data. Open Tidepool Mobile, open the menu on the left, select Sync Health data now, if you are only missing recent data select Sync the last 2 weeks of data, otherwise select Sync ALL historical data.
You must leave Tidepool Mobile open and your phone unlocked while your data syncs.
You can confirm your Dexcom data has uploaded by adding a new note in Tidepool Mobile and then reviewing it, or by logging into your Tidepool account on your computer at https://tidepool.org/login.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions or feedback on this article. Please include the article title if you are submitting feedback to make it easier for us to identify what changes need to be made.