Uploading your Dexcom Data to Tidepool via your iPhone
This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool Account - if you do not have a Tidepool account, you can create one for free at https://tidepool.org/signup.
- Installed the latest version of Tidepool Mobile - Tidepool Mobile is available for iOS. Download the latest version from the App Store.
- A Dexcom G4 or G5 CGM.
- Installed the latest version of Dexcom's Mobile App - Dexcom G4 transmitters can communicate with Dexcom Share2 on iOS. Dexcom G5 transmitters can communicate with the Dexcom G5 Mobile App.
1. Connect your Dexcom App to Apple Health
For G5 users:
- Open the Dexcom G5 Mobile App. Tap the left most menu icon from the home screen.
- Select 'Settings', then 'Health' and make sure it is enabled.
For G4 users:
- Open the Dexcom Share2 App. Select Account from the menu.
- Select Health, then select Enable.
2. Allow Dexcom to write Blood Glucose data to Health
3. Connect Tidepool Mobile to Health
- Open Tidepool Mobile, log in to your account, and tap the menu to open Settings.
- Toggle "Connect to Health".
- You will then get an Apple Health screen that will ask for permission to let Tidepool read data from Health. Toggle the switch next to Blood Glucose to allow Tidepool Mobile to read data.
Then, you can log into Tidepool on the web from your computer at app.tidepool.org and see your Dexcom data in Tidepool on the Web's Daily View. Please note that Dexcom data from Health is delayed by 3 hours.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions or feedback on this article. Please include the article title if you are submitting feedback to make it easier for us to identify what changes need to be made.