Uploading your Tandem Insulin Pump
This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool Account - if you do not have a Tidepool account, you can create one for free at https://tidepool.org/signup.
- Installed the latest version of the Tidepool Uploader - if you have not installed the Tidepool Uploader, you can download the latest version at https://tidepool.org/uploader.
- A Tandem Insulin Pump - Tidepool is compatible with t:slim, t:slim G4, t:flex, and t:slim X2 insulin pumps.
- A micro-USB cable - this is a common cable and one should have come with your pump.
The Tandem t:slim, t:slim G4, t:slim X2, and t:flex pumps use a micro-USB cable to communicate with your Mac or Windows PC. This cable is commonly used for data transfer and charging with other electronics, so it is likely you have one in your house already. If you do not, you can easily find them online
Please note: some micro-USB cables are only able to charge devices, and do not transfer data. If your cable is not working to upload your device, please try another cable.
Connect Your Tandem device to your computer
- Launch the Tidepool Uploader and log in to your account.
Confirm "Tandem" is one of your Devices. You can change your devices by selecting "Choose Devices" from the menu under your name.
Confirm the Tidepool Uploader is set to the right time zone.
- Click "Upload" to upload your data. Leaving the Uploader selected on your computer (in front of other windows) will allow it to execute the upload more quickly.
- After the upload is complete, you can upload another device or click "See data" to view your uploaded data
If you are using a Tandem t:slim G4 insulin pump or t:slim X2 insulin pump that also displays Dexcom G5 or Dexcom G6 data, your CGM AND insulin pump data will upload together when you connect and upload your Tandem pump to Tidepool.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article. Please include the article title if you are submitting feedback to make it easier for us to identify what changes need to be made.