Uploading your Animas Ping or Vibe Insulin Pump
This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool Account - if you do not have a Tidepool account, you can create one for free at https://tidepool.org/signup.
- Installed the latest version of the Tidepool Uploader - if you have not installed the Tidepool Uploader, you can download the latest version at https://tidepool.org/uploader.
- An Animas Ping or Vibe insulin pump.
- An Animas IR Cable - to read data from an Animas pump, you must use a custom USB-to-infrared cable. This is the cable that typically comes with the Animas pump.
1. Connect the Animas IR Cable to your computer
If you don't have the ActiSYS IR cable, please visit this website to request a cable from Animas. It is model number ACT-IR224UN-Li2. Our driver is designed to work with cables with a serial number that starts with TA. If you have a cable with a different serial number, please contact us at email@example.com.
2. Upload Your Data
- Launch the Tidepool Uploader and log in to your account.
- Confirm "Animas" is one of your Devices. You can change your devices by selecting "Choose Devices" from the menu under your name.
- Confirm the Tidepool Uploader is set to the right time zone.
- Disconnect your Animas pump and put it in Suspend mode.
- Align the back side of the pump with the end of the IR cable. Ideally, the cable and the device will be a few centimeters apart. Please Note: If the pump and the IR dongle are not communicating as intended, try turning the cable's end onto its side, or raising the IR dongle to get the pump and cable into closer alignment.
- Click Upload. Leaving the Uploader selected on your computer (in front of other windows) will allow it to execute the upload more quickly.
- After the upload is complete, resume insulin delivery. You can upload another device or click "See data" to view your uploaded data.
Please note: The pump screen must stay lit and the pump and cable must remain in alignment for the duration of the upload. Please do not move either device.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article. Please include the article title if you are submitting feedback to make it easier for us to identify what changes need to be made.