Uploading your Medtronic 523, 554, 530G, 723, or 754 Insulin Pump
This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool Account. If you do not have a Tidepool account, you can create one for free at https://tidepool.org/signup
- Installed the latest version of the Tidepool Uploader. If you have not installed the Tidepool Uploader, you can download the latest version at https://tidepool.org/uploader
- A Medtronic 523, 554, 530G, 723, or 754 Insulin Pump. Click here to learn more about our Medtronic compatibility.
- A Contour Next LINK Meter. Please confirm the back of your meter reads "Contour Next Link". It's easy to get this meter confused with the Contour Next Link 2.4 meter, which will only work with newer Medtronic 6xx pumps.
Uploading Medtronic pumps directly to Tidepool:
Step 1. Select “Medtronic 523, 723, Veo or 530G (using Contour Next Link)” as your device.
Step 2. Enter your insulin pump’s serial number. If you are uploading from your personal computer, you can check “Remember serial number” to have the Tidepool Uploader remember your serial number.
Step 3. Connect your Contour Next Link meter to one of your computer’s USB ports.
Step 4. Click Upload.
Step 5. After your upload is complete, you can upload additional devices, or click “See data” to view your diabetes data.
Please note: If you encounter any errors uploading your Medtronic 523, 554, 530G, 723, or 754 insulin pump you will see an Upload Failed screen. For example, the message below indicates that some other software like CareLink, OpenAPS, or Loop is attempting to communicate with your insulin pump. You will need to disable that software for the duration of the upload.
Other Troubleshooting Tips
- Confirm you have downloaded the latest version of the Tidepool Uploader (Version 2.x). The version of the Uploader can be found in the footer of the Uploader window. You can download the latest version at https://tidepool.org/uploader.
- Confirm the serial number you entered in the Uploader matches your Medtronic 523, 554, 530G, 723, or 754 insulin pump.
- Shut down and restart the Tidepool Uploader if it has been left open for an extended period of time.
- Disconnect/reconnect your Contour Next Link meter if it has been connected to your computer for an extended period of time.
If you are seeing an error repeatedly after trying to upload your Medtronic 523, 554, 530G, 723, or 754 insulin pump, please copy the error message text or capture a screenshot of the error message and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can diagnose the problem.
About Our Medtronic Compatibility
Tidepool is currently compatible with Medtronic 523, 554, 530G, 630G, 640G, 670G, 723, and 754 insulin pumps. Click here to view our guide for uploading 630G, 640G, and 670G insulin pumps.
Why doesn't Tidepool work with Medtronic 522 or 722 insulin pumps?
Because the programmed start time and the actual start time can be affected by various factors, they are not always the same. Trying to infer when the scheduled basal rates actually start and stop, when we only have temp basal start events, suspend/resume times, and basal schedule settings is not worth the risk of presenting possibly inaccurate information.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions or feedback on this article. Please include the article title if you are submitting feedback to make it easier for us to identify what changes need to be made.