Connecting your Dexcom Account to Tidepool
This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool Account - if you do not have a Tidepool account, you can create one for free at https://tidepool.org/signup.
- A Dexcom CGM connected to Dexcom Clarity - this can be through a G4 receiver, G4 receiver with Share, a G5 receiver, or a G5 connected via Dexcom G5 Mobile.
- You want your Dexcom data to sync with Tidepool automatically in the background, and stop uploading your receiver to us directly or through HealthKit.
- Read the important reminders on this page about enabling this feature - click here to learn more.
Is Connecting to Dexcom right for you?
You should Connect to Dexcom if
- you are an Android G5 user
- you are not satisfied with the solutions below and want to try a uploading your Dexcom data with different method
You should not Connect to Dexcom if you are satisfied with
- your Apple Health connection via the Tidepool Mobile app
- your Dexcom uploads via Tidepool Uploader (Dexcom receiver, t:slim with Dexcom, Vibe with Dexcom)
Here’s how to Connect to Dexcom:
Connect Your Tidepool Account to your Dexcom Account
- Log in to your Tidepool Account
- Click your name at the top of the screen to open your profile
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Connect with Dexcom”
- A new window will open to request you log in to your Dexcom account
- Authorize Tidepool to connect with Dexcom.
- Once authorized, your profile page will now show your data is being synced from Dexcom and your data will begin uploading from Dexcom Clarity to Tidepool. If you do not see your data after a minute, click the refresh button at the bottom of the page.
- There are four ways to get your Dexcom data to Tidepool. You should pick one to avoid uploading multiple copies of data.
- This feature is currently only available to people in the United States with a Dexcom Clarity account.
- Data transfer from Dexcom to Tidepool is not real time. It takes 3 hours for your data to be visible in Dexcom Clarity, and up to an additional hour after that for your data to show up in Tidepool.
- If you connect your Dexcom account, we will import everything, including any data gaps. This will replace the Dexcom data that you see, but we’ll store everything.
If you notice your data hasn’t uploaded from Dexcom to Tidepool recently, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate the problem.
If you notice that the data displayed by Tidepool is different than the data displayed by your Dexcom receiver, Dexcom mobile app or in Dexcom Clarity, please send us an email at email@example.com. Due to internal system clock issues, there are some cases where this may happen. We can help delete the errant data.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article. Please include the article title if you are submitting feedback to make it easier for us to identify what changes need to be made.