A 2-4 week transition is ideal to ensure a smooth transition to Tidepool, but all of this can be accomplished in less than a week time if an accelerated timeline is necessary.
The following resources will help plan and execute this transition.
Prepare your team to use Tidepool
A full team training can be conducted to help prepare your team to use Tidepool, if requested. This session with our Clinic Success team will be recorded to ensure the archive is shared across your team.
For your staff performing device uploads
Staff performing device uploads will need to be familiar with Tidepool Uploader. In addition to the recorded training session, this support article provides references to upload instructions for all supported devices..
For your staff who review patient data
Staff reviewing Tidepool data will need to be familiar with navigating Tidepool Web. In addition to the recorded training session, this support article details what you need to know about viewing data in Tidepool.
For your staff who put data into your Electronic Health Record
As part of your new Tidepool workflow, staff should become familiar with data documentation options in Tidepool.
- Use Copy as text to quickly paste summary statistics and device settings into chart notes.
- Use PDF print to generate a downloadable summary of Tidepool data which can be uploaded or attached to a patient record.
Preparing your patients to use Tidepool
Onboarding patients will be a critical aspect of your Tidepool workflow. To facilitate this change, you can use one of many pre-drafted templates to communicate with your patients and have the engage with Tidepool in advance of their next appointment.
- Use this message if you want your patients to create their account at home and share their data with you using your Clinic Share Code.
- Use this message if you created a patient account in Tidepool Uploader and added their email address to their account.
Using these drafts is optional, but can be helpful as you engage with your patients on this new process.
Communicating with the Tidepool Support Team
No matter what happens, communicating with the Tidepool Support team will be a critical component of your Tidepool workflow transition.
For any technical question, contact email@example.com, or use the help widget in the lower right corner of the Tidepool website.
If you encounter an error with Tidepool Uploader, please try to include the following pieces of information to expedite our troubleshooting efforts:
- Email address of the person who was logged into Tidepool Uploader at the time of the error.
- Device that you were trying to upload.
- Approximate date and time of the error or issue.
- Screenshot of the expanded error message if you saw one in Tidepool Uploader after clicking "Error details".
If you have questions at any time, please contact Tidepool's Clinic Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org.