The Population Health Dashboard displays a summary of each patient’s CGM and blood glucose meter (BGM) data using data that has been collected over the specified time period.
The information panel on the right side of the Patient List details when the summary statistics were last updated. You can click the icon to retrieve the most recently calculated values.
Reminder: Tidepool is not a real-time data monitoring service.
Summary data is calculated over the most recent 24 hours, 7 days, 14 days, or 30 days. The values displayed depend on the data range that is selected.
The Population Health Dashboard considers two sources:
- CGM data - assuming data is collected at most once every 5 minutes.
- BGM data - uploaded from a supported blood glucose meter using Tidepool Uploader.
- The summary calculation works by keeping a rotating list of daily CGM stats, which are averaged to calculate summaries for each possible data period for a user.
- For % Time in Range - in-range percentage values are created by dividing the in-range minutes by the total CGM minutes over the corresponding data period. Please note that CGM averages are rounded to the nearest whole number except for (1) values between 0.05 and 0.5, which are rounded to the nearest decimal and (2) values between 0 and 0.05, which are rounded to the nearest two decimal places.
- For % CGM Use - percentage values are created by dividing the total CGM minutes by the corresponding time period.
- For Glucose Management Indicator (GMI) - average glucose is calculated by taking a weighted average of the CGM data collected each day over the corresponding period.
- Data summaries are updated any time that valid data is uploaded. Data uploads that occur in-clinic or in the patient’s home both trigger a summary to be updated. In order for data to be considered valid, it must not be more than 24 hours into the future, or more than 2 years old.