This support article assumes you have access to the Population Health Dashboard through your Clinic account. If you would like to learn more about the Population Health Dashboard available with Tidepool+, please contact our Clinic Success team at email@example.com.
The Population Health Dashboard displays a summary of each patient’s CGM data using data that has been collected over the past 14 days by default.
The information panel on the right side of the Patient List details when the summary statistics were last updated. You can click the icon to retrieve the most recently calculated values.
Reminder: Tidepool is not a real-time data monitoring service.
- The current version of Tidepool’s Population Health Dashboard only considers CGM data and assumes that data is collected at most once every 5 minutes.
- To view BGM data, you will need to navigate to the patient profile. Tidepool is working on providing BGM data summaries in an upcoming release.
- The summary calculation works by keeping a rotating list of daily CGM stats, which are averaged to calculate a two-week summary for a user.
- For the Time in Range statistic, in-range percentage values are created by dividing the in-range minutes by the total CGM minutes over the 2-week period. Please note that CGM averages are rounded to the nearest whole number except for (1) values between 0.05 and 0.5, which are rounded to the nearest decimal and (2) values between 0 and 0.05, which are rounded to the nearest two decimal places.
- For the CGM use statistic, percentage values are created by dividing the total CGM minutes by the time period of two weeks.
- For the GMI statistic, average glucose is calculated by taking a weighted average of the CGM data collected each day over the two-week period.
- Data summaries are updated any time that valid data is uploaded. Data uploads that occur in-clinic or in the patient’s home both trigger a summary to be updated. In order for data to be considered valid, it must not be more than 24 hours into the future, or more than 2 years old.
- The current version of the Population Health Dashboard does not initially display patient data summaries for newly added patients who already have an account with data. For these patients, data summaries will be displayed on the Population Health Dashboard as soon as new data is uploaded to that account. Tidepool is working on an update to allow display of data summaries for these patients in a future release.