This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool Account - if you do not have a Tidepool account, you can create one for free at tidepool.org/signup.
- Installed the latest version of the Tidepool Uploader - if you have not installed the Tidepool Uploader, you can download the latest version at tidepool.org/uploader.
- A OneTouch Verio, Verio Flex, or Verio Reflect meter and a micro-USB cable - this cable is required to connect your OneTouch Verio, Verio Flex, or Verio Reflect meter to your computer.
- If you are uploading your Verio Flex or Verio Reflect meter using Bluetooth on macOS or Windows, see our guide for instructions to upload via Bluetooth.
- Special Troubleshooting - Jump to Troubleshooting.
1. Connect your device
- Your meter should display "PC Connected" when properly connected to your computer.
- Launch the Tidepool Uploader and log in to your account.
- Confirm "OneTouch Verio, Verio Flex and Verio Reflect" is one of your Devices. You can change your devices by selecting "Choose Devices" from the menu under your name.
2. Upload Your Data
- Confirm the Tidepool Uploader is set to the right time zone.
- Click "Upload" to upload your data.
- If you are on a Mac running macOS 10.15 Catalina or newer you will be prompted to input your computer password to allow Tidepool Uploader to access your OneTouch Verio, Verio Flex, or Verio Reflect meter
- After the upload is complete, you can upload another device or click "See data" to view your uploaded data.
3a. Clinician/IT Troubleshooting
- OneTouch Verio, Verio Flex, and Verio Reflect meters show up as USB removable drives on Windows computers. If your organization has an IT or Security policy that prevents software, such as Tidepool Uploader, from being able to read and write to USB removable drives, you will need to add an exclusion that allows for read/write permission from Tidepool Uploader to the LIFESCAN drive to allow diabetes data to be uploaded from these meters.
- This support article - USB Storage in Regulated Environments - provides a detailed explanation of the troubleshooting steps that will need to be performed.
- Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions or to connect your IT team with Tidepool Support.
3b. Mac User Troubleshooting
- For Mac users who have already input their password at the time of uploading their Verio, Verio Flex, or Verio Reflect meter, but are still receiving an error message check the following to make sure Tidepool Uploader can read data from your Verio, Verio Flex, or Verio Reflect meter.
- Click on the Apple Logo and then click System Preferences.
- Click on Security & Privacy.
- Click on Privacy from the four options towards the top.
- Scroll down on the list on the left pane until you see Files and Folders.
- Click on Files and Folders.
- Examine the right pane to see if you see Tidepool Uploader listed with a checkbox for Removable Volumes.
- If you see the box unchecked, use the padlock to Unlock the pane and check the box.
- Now close System Preferences and retry your upload in Tidepool Uploader.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article.