This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool Account. If you do not have a Tidepool account, you can create one for free at https://tidepool.org/signup
- Installed the latest version of the Tidepool Uploader. If you have not installed the Tidepool Uploader, you can download the latest version at https://tidepool.org/uploader
- A Medtronic 630G, 640G, or 670G Insulin Pump.
- A Contour Next Link 2.4 Meter. Please confirm the back of your meter reads Contour Next Link 2.4. It’s easy to get this confused with other Contour Next Link meters because the text is light and the “2.4” is printed in small text. Please note: The Uploader will not work with the CareLink Stick 2.4 at this time - we only work with the Contour Next Link 2.4 Meter.
1. Connect your device
- Select “Medtronic 630G, 640G, or 670G (using Contour Next Link 2.4)” as your device.
- If your insulin pump and Contour Next Link 2.4 meter are linked, proceed to the next step.
If the pump and meter are not linked, uncheck “Meter and pump are linked”, and enter your insulin pump’s serial number found on the back of the pump.
- Connect your Contour Next Link 2.4 meter to one of your computer’s USB ports.
- Select the amount of data you wish to upload.
- Please note: Your first upload of a Medtronic 630G, 640G, or 670G insulin pump, especially if your pump has lots of data on it, will take a little time. After the first one, future uploads will be much quicker.
Tidepool Clinicians: Selecting "last 4 weeks" is recommended for initial uploads only.
2. Upload your data
- Click Upload.
- If you are using an un-linked meter to upload data, you will need to confirm the connection request on your pump before the upload can proceed.
- Select Yes to begin the upload.
- After your upload is complete, you can upload additional devices as needed, or click “See data” to view your diabetes data.
Other Troubleshooting Tips
Confirm you have downloaded the latest version of the Tidepool Uploader. The version of the Uploader can be found in the footer of the Uploader window. You can download the latest version at https://tidepool.org/uploader or by selecting “Check for Updates” in the Tidepool Uploader menu.
Disconnect/reconnect your Contour Next Link 2.4 meter if it has been connected to your computer for an extended period of time.
Shut down and restart the Tidepool Uploader if it has been left open for an extended period of time.
Confirm the serial number you entered in the Uploader matches your Medtronic 630G, 640G, or 670G insulin pump.
If possible, clear all pump error messages prior to uploading your Medtronic 630G, 640G, or 670G insulin pump.
If you do not see "Medtronic 630G, 640G, 670G (using Contour Next Link 2.4)" as a device you can upload you may need to add that device to your list. Follow this guide to add a new device
- If you are seeing an error repeatedly after trying to upload your Medtronic 630G, 640G, or 670G insulin pump, please copy the error message text or capture a screenshot of the error message and contact us at email@example.com so we can diagnose the problem.
- About our Medtronic Compatibility
In addition to supporting Medtronic 630G, 640G, and 670G insulin pumps, Tidepool is currently compatible with Medtronic 523, 554, 530G, 723, and 754 insulin pumps. You can read more about uploading those pumps here.
About Auto Mode visualization
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article. Please include the article title if you are submitting feedback to make it easier for us to identify what changes need to be made.