This article assumes you have:
- A Dexcom Clarity account.
This feature is currently only available to Dexcom users in the United States with a Dexcom Clarity account.
In this guide, you can learn to:
- Connect Dexcom to Tidepool Web if you already have a Tidepool Web account with your email.
- Connect Dexcom to Tidepool Web if you do not have a Tidepool Web account but were sent an email invitation by your diabetes care team to connect Dexcom to Tidepool Web.
- Disconnect Dexcom from Tidepool Web if you would like to remove this permission.
Connecting Dexcom to Tidepool Web
- Visit app.tidepool.org in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge and log into your account.
- Click on your name with the small cog wheel at the top middle of the page.
- Click on the green Connect with DEXCOM button next to the MY DATA SOURCES section of the page.
- A new window will appear with a Dexcom login prompt. Input your Dexcom Clarity account info and click Login.
- The next page that will appear is Dexcom's authorization page. Scroll down to the bottom and click Share Data and type in your name in the Signature field. Click Save and Continue.
- You will see a Connection Authorized page from Tidepool. You can close this window.
- Once you authorize Dexcom to connect to Tidepool Web you will see the button changes to say Disconnect and will show the status of your connection
- Your Dexcom CGM data will start to synchronize but can take as long as 15 minutes before it appears in Tidepool Web.
Connecting your Dexcom account at the invitation from your diabetes care team
These are the steps you would take if a member of your diabetes care team has invited you to share your Dexcom account with them through Tidepool.
- You will receive an email with your diabetes clinic's name and Follow Up - Connect your Dexcom Account to Tidepool.
- Click the Connect your Dexcom Account button.
- Your web browser will open a Dexcom login page. Input your Dexcom login and password.
- The page that appears is Dexcom's authorization page. Scroll down to the bottom and click Share Data and type in your name in the Signature field. Click Save and Continue.
- That's it! After this, your diabetes care team can now automatically see your Dexcom CGM data in the Tidepool Web account they have set up for you.
- You have the option to claim your account with your email on the Connection Authorized page if you would like to view your diabetes data at home.
Remove Tidepool from your Dexcom authorized apps
If you want to remove Tidepool from being able to connect to your Dexcom CGM data, follow these steps:
- Visit myaccount.dexcom.com and log in with your Dexcom login and password.
- At the bottom of the Profile page that appears under THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS click View and Edit to the right of the tidepool listing.
- Uncheck Share Data (1) to remove Tidepool's connection to your Dexcom data
- Click Confirm (2) to save the change.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article.