⚠️ If you are using the Omnipod DASH system, please see this guide - Uploading your Insulet Omnipod DASH
This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool Account - if you do not have a Tidepool account, you can create one for free at https://tidepool.org/signup.
- Installed the latest version of the Tidepool Uploader - if you have not installed the Tidepool Uploader, you can download the latest version at tidepool.org/uploader.
- An Original Omnipod PDM and a USB A-Male to Mini-B cable - Your PDM should have come with this cable, but if you need to purchase a replacement here is a link on Amazon to buy one - AmazonBasics USB A-Male to Mini-B
- macOS Special Note - You will need to provide your Mac computer password at upload to give Tidepool Uploader permission to access your OneTouch Verio, Verio Flex, or Verio Reflect meter. Click here to jump down to Troubleshooting.
1. Connect your device
- Connect Your Omnipod PDM to Your Computer. Wait for the PDM to read “USB device ready” at the top of the screen before proceeding.
- Launch the Tidepool Uploader and log in to your account.
- Confirm "Insulet Omnipod" is one of your Devices. You can change your devices by selecting "Choose Devices" from the menu under your name.
2. Upload your data
- Confirm that the Tidepool Uploader is set to the right time zone and that your PDM has the correct date and time set on the device.
- Click the "Upload" button in Tidepool Uploader to begin the upload of the data from your PDM.
3. Next Steps
- After the upload is complete, you can upload another device or click "See data" to view your uploaded data.
If you are on a Mac and get an error message like this -
Error: operation not permitted, scandir '/Volumes/NO NAME'
it means Tidepool Uploader cannot talk to your PDM. You need to adjust a setting to fix this -
- Click on the Apple Logo and then click System Preferences.
- Click on Security & Privacy.
- Click on the Privacy tab from the four tabs towards the top of Security & Privacy preferences.
- Scroll down on the list on the left pane until you see Files and Folders.
- Click on Files and Folders.
- Examine the right pane to see if you see Tidepool Uploader listed with a checkbox for Removable Volumes.
- If you see the box unchecked, use the padlock to Unlock the pane and check the box.
- Now close System Preferences and retry your PDM upload in Tidepool Uploader.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article.