This article assumes that you have:
- A Tidepool Web account - See Signing up for Tidepool if you don't have one
- Uploaded data from an insulin pump
Animas, Medtronic and Tandem users can choose whether cannula fill or tube prime events indicate a site change. For Omnipodders, it defaults to pod changes.
Some users will change sites without changing their cartridge or tubing. Users can choose between "Prime Cannula" and "Prime" events to indicates site changes in the Basics view.
Please note: The site change indicator can only be selected by the account owner. It cannot be changed by a Care Team member, or by the clinic, after the patient has claimed their account.
How to set your site-change indicator
1. Login to Tidepool Web
- After uploading your pump, log in to your Tidepool account — tidepool.org/login.
- Upon logging in, click on the Basics view if you are not presented with it already.
2a. Navigate to the "Infusion site changes" section
- Navigate to the infusion site changes section.
- If a site change indication has not yet been chosen, then you will see this section grayed-out until you choose one of the options.
Please note: Depending on what pump you are using, you'll either see "Fill Cannula/Prime Cannula" or "Fill Tubing/Prime".
2b. Changing indicator options
If a choice has been made, but you would like to change to the other indicator option, please click the gear icon next to the section title:
3. Choose your site change indicator
Pick between the two options:
- You can choose either "Prime/Fill Cannula" or "Prime/Fill Tubing" events to indicate your site changes.
- You might pick "Prime Cannula/Fill Cannula" if you have multiple sites without changing your cartridge or tubing.
- You might prefer "Prime/Fill Tubing" if you change your tubing each time you change your site.
Change your mind? You can go back to the other indicator at any time!
Please note: If this is a patient account created in the clinic, you will have the ability to toggle this setting via your Clinic Account until the patient claims the account. Once they have claimed it, you will see which option they have selected, but will be unable to change it and must ask the patient to change it.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article.