This article assumes you do not have a Tidepool account, but that you want to create one.
Both personal and clinician accounts are free. This walk-through details the process for signing up for a personal account for a person with diabetes uploading their own data. We'll detail where the sign up process ends for caregivers and clinicians as appropriate.
- Go to tidepool.org/signup to begin the process of creating your free Tidepool account.
- After selecting the type of account you wish to create, you'll be asked to fill in your full name, email address, and password.
- An email will be sent to you that will enable you to complete creating your account. If you do not see it, please check your Spam folders.
- Please go to your email inbox, click on the email with the subject "Verify your Tidepool Account", and click "Verify your Account" to complete your account creation.
- If you are signing up for an account for your child or someone you care for: Please note that you should create the account in your name, and answer the age questions from your perspective - assuming you are over 18 - you select that as your age. You will be able to set up the data storage for the account in your child's name in the next step.
- If you plan to upload data for yourself or another person, you will need to set up data storage for your account. To set up data storage, click “ Yes, let’s set it up.” The “No, not now” option should be used if you are creating an account to view someone else’s data that they will be uploading. For example, if your family member invites you to see their data, you can click the “No, not now” option as you will not need to upload data to your account.
- If you select, “No, not now” you will be able to set up data storage for your data later, if necessary.
- If you select “Yes, let’s set it up” you will be asked information about your birth date and diagnosis date. This information is tied to your account but is kept private like all of your other data. You can choose to anonymously donate your data to contribute to the Tidepool Big Data Donation Project. If you donate your data, Tidepool will donate 10% of proceeds through the Tidepool Big Data Donation Project to your choice of select diabetes nonprofit organizations. Read this article to learn more about the Tidepool Big Data Donation Project.
- If you are setting up data storage for your child or someone you care for - you can add their information to the account during this stage:
- After completing this screen, click “Set up” and you will be taken to this screen:
Now it is time to start uploading your data!
Please download and install the latest version of the Tidepool Uploader by visiting tidepool.org/download
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions or feedback on this article. Please include the article title if you are submitting feedback to make it easier for us to identify what changes need to be made.