This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool Clinician account — you can create one for free at tidepool.org/signup.
- The latest version of Tidepool Uploader — you can download the latest version at tidepool.org/uploader.
- A patient who would like to upload their data from home and/or connect their Dexcom Clarity account to Tidepool Web.
As a clinician, you can create new patient accounts within Tidepool Uploader. If you would like your patients to upload their data from home, or connect to their Dexcom Clarity account to Tidepool, you will need to add their email address to their Tidepool account.
1. Login to your clinician account in Tidepool Uploader
- If you are a clinician using the new Clinic Account Administration, make sure you are searching for your patient in your Clinic Workspace. You will see the Clinic name displayed towards the top of Tidepool Uploader.
- If you need to switch what Clinic Workspace you are using, see Switching to a new Clinic Workspace in Tidepool Uploader.
- If you are still using the Legacy Clinician system you can search for the patient without having to first confirm you are in your Clinic Workspace. Interested in updating your account to our new Clinic Worskpace? Email us at email@example.com.
2. Search for the patient whose account you want to update
- Type part or all of the name of the patient you want to add an email address for in the search box
- Click Next to select the patient.
3. Click "Edit Info" to access your patient's profile
4. Enter your patient's email address and click "Save"
- Input your patient's email address in the Email (optional) field.
- Click Save to update the account.
Tidepool will send your patient an invitation to access their profile so that they can claim their account and upload and view their data from home.
Once complete, you can resume uploading your patient's data or click "Change Person" to select another patient.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article.