This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool Clinician account — if you do not have a Tidepool Clinician account, you can create one for free at https://tidepool.org/signup.
- A patient account that does not currently have an email address associated with it. Adding their email will send them an invitation to claim their account and upload and view their data from home.
1. Search for patient
- Log in to your Tidepool clinician account and open Tidepool Web. Then, look up a patient that you need to add an email address for.
2. Select patient
- Select the patient from the list to display their Tidepool Web account.
- At the top of the page, you will see an "ADD EMAIL" button. Click this button to go to the Account Profile page, where you can add an email address for the patient. Tidepool will send your patient an invitation to access their profile so that they can claim their account and upload and view their data from home
Please note: The "ADD EMAIL" banner will only appear if the patient has not yet been invited to claim their account. If you don't see the "ADD EMAIL" banner, this means the patient has already been invited to claim their account, and you cannot edit their email address.
3. Add email
- Click inside the "Email address" field to add the patient's email.
- Click "Save changes" to save the updates.
You can also edit details like date of diagnosis (if known), and add/edit the MRN for the patient.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article.