This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool Clinician account — if you do not have a Tidepool Clinician account, you can create one for free at signup.tidepool.org.
- A patient account that does not currently have an email address associated with it. Adding their email will send them an invitation to claim their account and upload and view their data from home.
1. Search for patient
- Log in to your Tidepool clinician account at app.tidepool.org.
- In the search box, type some or all of the patient's name to look them up in your patient list.
- Alternatively, click Show All and browse the list of patients to find the one you want to add an email address to.
2. Edit Patient Information
- From the patient list, click the ... in the same row as their name at the right side of the page.
- Click Edit Patient Information.
- Input the patient's email in the Email (optional) field.
- Click Save Changes to update the account.
This action triggers an email from Tidepool to your patient's email address you added, inviting them to claim their account at home. This will give them the ability to view their diabetes data at home and to upload their diabetes devices at home.
3. Additional way to update patient's account with their email address
After clicking on a patient's name from your patient list to pull up their Tidepool Web account, you will see a banner at the top of the screen if they do not currently have an email address added to their Tidepool Web account. You can add their email address by clicking this button.
- From the patient list, select the patient from the list to display their Tidepool Web account.
- At the top of the page, you will see an "ADD EMAIL" button. Click this button to go to the Account Profile page, where you can add an email address for the patient. Tidepool will send your patient an invitation to access their profile so that they can claim their account and upload and view their data from home
Please note: The "ADD EMAIL" banner will only appear if the patient has not yet been invited to claim their account. If you don't see the "ADD EMAIL" banner, this means the patient has already been invited to claim their account, and you cannot edit their email address.
- Click inside the "Email address" field to add the patient's email.
- Click "Save changes" to save the updates.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions or feedback on this article.