1. Create your Account
Visit tidepool.org/signup to create your free Tidepool Clinician account.
2. Install Tidepool Uploader
Coordinate with your IT department to have Tidepool Uploader installed on every computer you intend to use to upload patient data. The latest version can be found at tidepool.org/download.
If you are having trouble accessing Tidepool Web, please ask your IT department to check out our Instructions for allowing traffic to Tidepool domains article for helpful information on making it available on your clinic network.
We also have support for Silent installation of Tidepool Uploader, if your IT department wants to help automate the installation of Tidepool Uploader on clinic computers.
3. Connect with your patients
- For patients who already have a personal Tidepool account, you will want to request they share their data with you. This will cause them to show up in your patient search list.
- For patients who are new to Tidepool, you can create a Tidepool account for them with Tidepool Uploader. See our Creating a new patient account article for more details
- To empower your patients and their families at home, make sure you are Updating your patient's account with their email address in Tidepool Uploader. This will generate an email to your patient allowing them to claim their account. You can send them this article to help walk them through the steps of Receiving an invite to Tidepool from your clinician.
4. Start uploading
- Use Tidepool Uploader to upload data from your patients' diabetes devices. Device upload guides are available to walk you through uploading each device supported by Tidepool Uploader.
- We encourage you to watch this Youtube video we have made just for clinicians - Tidepool for Clinicians Demo Video.
5. Review patient data in Tidepool Web
You can find guides and walkthroughs about how to view your data in Tidepool Web, and how to share your data, in this section of our support documentation.
6. Saving patient data to your EHR system
- Create a PDF that you can attach to your patient's record in your EHR system - Printing in Tidepool
- Copy patient data to your computer's clipboard
- Use our Copy as text button from the Basics, Trends, & Device Settings views that you can paste into your patient's chart notes - How to copy as text (Basics, Trends, Device Settings)
- Export your patient's data to an Excel file to save in your EHR system - Export your Tidepool Web data
7. Next steps
Congratulations! You're all set up with Tidepool.
Bookmark support.tidepool.org as a resource for information to refer to when you have questions.
When you run into an error message or something you are confused about, send us an email to email@example.com and we will gladly help you out!
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article.