This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool account — you can create one for free at tidepool.org/signup.
Clinician Note: If you are not seeing the update prompt described below, contact your IT team and request they visit tidepool.org/download to download and install the newest version of Tidepool Uploader.
If you see a 404 error message when visiting tidepool.org/download, this means your IT team has blocked the website Tidepool uses to deliver updates - github.com. Contact your IT team to download and install the updated version of Tidepool Uploader.
Contact email@example.com and include your IT team if they have questions or concerns.
1. Updating Tidepool Uploader
- Whenever there is an updated version of Tidepool Uploader the app will prompt you to update.
- After opening the app look for this dialog to pop up. The prompt will show you the new version and below the version you have installed in red.
- Click Install to run the update.
2a. Windows PC notes
- If you are not an Administrator on your computer, you will be prompted to input a username and password for one after clicking Install.
- Follow the prompts in the next few sets of screens and click Next to advance through the installer.
- Be sure to click Next on the Tidepool USB Driver Installer that comes up in a separate window.
- Click Finish at the end to launch Tidepool Uploader.
2b. Mac installation notes
- If you are not an Administrator, you will be prompted to input an Administrator username and password.
- If prompted, input your Administrator password at the window that appears.
- Tidepool Uploader should re-open itself with the updated version.
- If you do not see a prompt to update Tidepool Uploader you can download and install the latest version from https://www.tidepool.org/download.
- If you are an IT administrator and want to install Tidepool Uploader silently, see this article.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article.