If Tidepool Mobile has stopped syncing your data, see Step 3 below to resume uploading your Apple Health data
This article assumes you have:
1. Updating Tidepool Mobile through the Apple App Store
Automatic App Updates
- Your iPhone or iPod Touch may be set to automatically update apps, so you already have the latest version of Tidepool Mobile. If so, skip down to Step 2
Manual App Updates
If you manually manage updates on your iPhone or iPod Touch follow these steps:
- Open the App Store app on your iPhone or iPod Touch
- Tap on your profile icon at the top right of the app (if there are updates pending, you will see a number in a red circle)
- On the page that appears scroll down and find Tidepool Mobile on the list
- Tap the UPDATE button to update the app
2. Launch Tidepool Mobile
If you were already logged in to Tidepool Mobile before updating, you should not need to log in again. If you do see the login prompt, use your Tidepool Web email address and password to login.
If you have forgotten your password use this link to request a password reset.
You will be guided through a walkthrough of some basics of using Tidepool Mobile
This may be familiar if you've used Tidepool Mobile before
3. Connect to Health
If you use diabetes apps to write to Apple Health and have before with Tidepool Mobile, you must now re-enable the Connect to Health Toggle
- Tap the hamburger icon to open the menu (three lines)
- Tap the toggle to enable Connect to Health
- When prompted, tap Turn All Categories On to allow Tidepool Mobile to read from Apple Health
- Next, you will be presented with the Initial Sync screen where you can upload all your previous Apple Health data
- Tap Sync Health Data to begin the sync
- Allow the sync to go all the way to 100%. While it's running you can tap the back button in the app to explore the app and review your notes or make a new one.
- If you leave Tidepool Mobile, the initial sync will pause. It will resume the next time you launch the app. You can check the status by tapping the hamburger icon and looking at the percentage completed
- Once the initial sync is complete, Apple Health data will continue to upload as long as Tidepool Mobile is running in the background on your iPhone or iPod Touch
If you are not seeing the Apple Health data you expect to see on Tidepool Web, check out our Verify Tidepool Mobile Apple Health permissions article
Please let us know via email@example.com if you have any questions!