If you are getting alerts on your Mac about blocked System Extensions, follow this guide to learn how to deal with them
Alerts on macOS about System Extensions
If you are on macOS 10.15 Catalina or macOS 11 Big Sur, you may have seen an alert at some point with one or all of these names: "DexCom, Inc.", "Legacy Developer: Silabs", "Silicon Laboratories Inc", and "Legacy Developer: Prolific".
These are the result of having a previous version of Tidepool Uploader installed on your Mac that used System Extension versions of drivers to allow for uploading of your diabetes devices.
We recommend that you update Tidepool Uploader to the latest version by clicking through the button that will appear in Tidepool Uploader. See Updating Tidepool Uploader for more info on updating Tidepool Uploader.
If you want to remove the old system extensions, do the following actions:
- Open Finder
- Click on Go from the menubar and then click Go to Folder
- In the field that pops up, enter /Library/Extensions
- Click Go
- Select the .kext files for the above mentioned four software names
- Select File and then Move to Trash
- (You will be prompted for your password to allow this)
- They might also be found in /System/Library/Extensions (repeat the above steps if you find them there instead)
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions or feedback on this article.