This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool Web account — you can create one for free at tidepool.org/signup.
- A computer running Windows 10 or 11.
- A One Touch Verio or Verio Flex glucose meter.
This guide may be necessary if you are having trouble uploading a OneTouch Verio or Verio Flex meter on your Windows computer. You will either get a Windows Security Pop-up Message or you can do it manually by going into Windows Settings. Follow the steps in the video if you are seeing the pop-up message or follow the steps for Windows Settings.
1. Give Tidepool Uploader Controlled Folder Access in Windows
Via Windows Security Pop-up message
Via Windows Settings:
Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings.
Under Controlled folder access, select Manage Controlled folder access.
Click on Allow an app through controlled folder access.
- Click Yes on the prompt that appears (you may need to input your Administrator password).
- Click + Add an allowed app.
- Click Recently blocked apps if you are doing this after a recently failed Tidepool Uploader upload.
- Click the + next to Tidepool Uploader.exe
- Click Close
2. Upload again in Tidepool Uploader
- Wait a few moments for the change to take effect and then retry your Verio or Verio Flex meter upload in Tidepool Uploader.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article.