This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool account — you can create one for free at https://tidepool.org/signup.
- Installed the latest version of the Tidepool Uploader — you can download the latest version at https://tidepool.org/uploader.
- A LibreView account with diabetes data.
- Seeing an error about the date formatting in your CSV file? See Troubleshooting at the end of this guide.
1. Export your Data from LibreView
Upload your diabetes data to your libreview.com account first from your Libre (Reader or LibreLink app), Libre 2 (Reader or Libre 2 app), Libre 3 app, or other libreview.com compatible device before following these steps.
- Log into your LibreView account at libreview.com.
- After logging in, click on the Glucose History icon in the top left part of the page.
- Click on the Download Glucose Data button at the top right of the Glucose History page.
- (1) Click the I'm not a robot checkbox and click through the images as directed.
- (2) Click the Download button to download the CSV of your LibreView data. Save the file to your Downloads or Desktop folder where you can easily access it in Step 3.
2. Launch Tidepool Uploader
- Launch Tidepool Uploader and log in to your account.
- Confirm "Abbott LibreView" is one of your devices. You can change your devices by selecting "Choose Devices" from the menu under your name.
3. Upload your data
- Confirm Tidepool Uploader is set to the right time zone.
- Click "Choose file" to select your downloaded CSV file.
- Locate the file you exported from libreview.com. It's likely in your Downloads folder. It should look something like JamesJellyfish_glucose_12-15-2021.csv, but with your name and the date you exported the file.
- Click Open to begin uploading of the file.
- You will see Tidepool Uploader's progress bar moving towards 100% as it uploads. If you have multiple diabetes devices in your LibreView export, you may see the progress bar restart a few times. This is normal and to be expected.
- After the upload says Done!, you can upload another device or click "See data" to view your uploaded data.
- If you see a "Please set your LibreView date format to Year-Month-Day and export the CSV again" error in Tidepool Uploader, please double-check that the dates are formatted in Year-Month-Day and use dashes and not slashes. Sometimes Microsoft Excel automatically changes the formatting of dates. We recommend downloading the CSV directly from LibreView and uploading it with Tidepool Uploader without first opening the file to prevent Excel from accidentally modifying the date formatting.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article.