This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool account — you can create one for free at https://tidepool.org/signup.
- Installed the latest version of the Tidepool Uploader — you can download the latest version at https://tidepool.org/uploader.
- A OneTouch Select Plus Flex Meter and data-capable Micro USB cable.
1. Connect your device
- Connect your OneTouch Select Plus Flex to your computer using a data-capable Micro USB cable.
- Launch Tidepool Uploader and log in to your account.
- Confirm that "OneTouch Select Plus Flex" is one of your Devices. You can change your devices by selecting "Choose Devices" from the menu under your name.
- Confirm Tidepool Uploader is set to the time zone that matches your location.
- Click "Upload" to upload the data from your meter.
- If you are on a Mac running macOS 10.15 Catalina or newer you will be prompted to input your computer password to allow Tidepool Uploader to access your OneTouch Verio Select Plus Flex meter.
3a. Clinician/IT Troubleshooting
- OneTouch Select Plus Flex meters show up as USB removable drives on Windows computers. If your organization has an IT or Security policy that prevents software, such as Tidepool Uploader, from being able to read and write to USB removable drives, you will need to add an exclusion that allows for read/write permission from Tidepool Uploader to the LIFESCAN drive to allow diabetes data to be uploaded from these meters.
- Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions or to connect your IT team with Tidepool Support.
3b. Mac User Troubleshooting
- For Mac users who have already input their password at the time of uploading their Verio Select Plus Flex meter but are still receiving an error message check the following to make sure Tidepool Uploader can read data from your Verio Select Plus Flex meter.
- Click on the Apple Logo and then click System Preferences.
- Click on Security & Privacy.
- Click on Privacy from the four options towards the top.
- Scroll down on the list on the left pane until you see Files and Folders.
- Click on Files and Folders.
- Examine the right pane to see if you see Tidepool Uploader listed with a checkbox for Removable Volumes.
- If you see the box unchecked, use the padlock to Unlock the pane and check the box.
- Now close System Preferences and retry your upload in Tidepool Uploader.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article.