Welcome to Tidepool, your gateway to understanding your diabetes dataThe data behind diabetes management can be overwhelming — understanding it all is empowering. Turn your diabetes data points into accessible, actionable, and meaningful insights with Tidepool.
This checklist will help you get started using Tidepool.
- Download and Install Google Chrome.
- Google Chrome is currently the only browser that is compatible with Tidepool on the web to view your diabetes data. You are able to use other Chromium based browsers, but we recommend Chrome as the browser we test against.
- Create your free Tidepool account at tidepool.org/signup.
- Tidepool is free for people with diabetes and clinicians. All it takes is a few clicks and an email address to verify who you are.
- Please make sure to setup data storage for your account if you wish to upload and view your data.
- Install Tidepool Uploader on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Use Tidepool Uploader to upload your diabetes device data.
- This walkthrough explains how to use Tidepool Uploader.
- If you need specific instructions for your insulin pump, CGM, or blood glucose meter, you can find upload instructions in this group of device guides.
- Use Tidepool Web to view your diabetes device data at tidepool.org/login.
- Guides and walkthroughs relating to data visualization in Tidepool Web as well as how to share your data can be found in this section of our support documentation.
- Download Tidepool Mobile for your mobile device.
- Tidepool Mobile is a companion app to Tidepool that lets you add notes about meals, exercise, or anything else. See your CGM, pump, and BG meter data alongside your notes. Track your favorite meals and your regular exercise, and learn from what happens.
- Download Tidepool Mobile for iOS.
- Download Tidepool Mobile for Android.
- With Tidepool Mobile for iOS, you can connect to Apple Health for continuous, automatic Dexcom uploading. Please see this article for how to set up Tidepool Mobile to upload your data.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article.