This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool account — you can create one for free at https://tidepool.org/signup.
- Installed the latest version of Tidepool Uploader — you can download the latest version at https://tidepool.org/uploader.
- A Tandem insulin pump — Tidepool is compatible with t:slim, t:slim G4, t:flex, and t:slim X2 insulin pumps.
- A micro-USB cable — this is a common cable and one should have come with your pump.
If you receive an error message, "Error: Hmm, your device doesn't appear to be connected" please try another micro-USB cable that you are using is capable of carrying data. (Many that come with devices can only be used to recharge).
Table of Contents
1. Connect your Tandem pump to your computer
- Connect your Tandem pump to your computer via the micro-USB cable.
- Launch Tidepool Uploader and log in to your account.
- Confirm "Tandem" is one of your devices. You can change your devices by selecting "Choose Devices" from the menu under your name.
2. Upload your data
- Confirm you have the correct time zone selected.
- Click "Upload" to upload your data. Leaving Tidepool Uploader selected on your computer (in front of other windows) will allow it to execute the upload more quickly.
- If you encounter issues uploading on a Windows computer, please see these articles for common troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting: Uploading on Windows
3. Next steps
After the upload is complete, you can upload another device or click "See data" to view your uploaded data.
If you upload your Tandem pump but are missing some of your pump and/or CGM data when viewing in Tidepool Web, we recommend you retry uploading with the "All data" option enabled in Tidepool Uploader.
- Open Tidepool Uploader and log in if not already logged in.
- Left-click the Upload menu (not the button) and left-click All data.
- Now connect the pump via micro-USB and click the Upload button in the main Tidepool Uploader window as seen in Step 2 of this guide.
- This upload will take much longer as it is retrieving all the records from the pump and can take anywhere from 10-30 minutes, depending on the amount of data on the pump.
- Once completed, log into Tidepool Web and you should now see the previously missing data.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article.