This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool account — you can create one for free at https://tidepool.org/signup.
- Installed the latest version of Tidepool Uploader — you can download the latest version at https://tidepool.org/uploader.
- A Tandem insulin pump — Tidepool is compatible with t:slim, t:slim G4, t:flex, and t:slim X2 insulin pumps.
- A micro-USB cable — this is a common cable and one should have come with your pump.
If you receive an error message, "Error: Hmm, your device doesn't appear to be connected" please try another micro-USB cable that you are using is capable of carrying data. (Many that come with devices can only be used to recharge).
1. Connect your Tandem pump to your computer
- Connect your Tandem pump to your computer via the micro-USB cable.
- Launch Tidepool Uploader and log in to your account.
- Confirm "Tandem" is one of your devices. You can change your devices by selecting "Choose Devices" from the menu under your name.
2. Upload your data
- Confirm you have the correct time zone selected.
- Click "Upload" to upload your data. Leaving Tidepool Uploader selected on your computer (in front of other windows) will allow it to execute the upload more quickly.
- If you encounter issues uploading on a Windows computer, please see these articles for common troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting: Uploading on Windows
After the upload is complete, you can upload another device or click "See data" to view your uploaded data.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback on this article. If you are submitting feedback, please include the article title so we can quickly identify what changes need to be made.