This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool account — if you do not have a Tidepool account, you can create one for free at https://tidepool.org/signup.
- The latest version of Tidepool Uploader — if you have not installed Tidepool Uploader, you can download the latest version at https://tidepool.org/uploader.
- A compatible device with Dexcom G4, G5, or G6 data (using one of the methods listed below).
Table of contents
- Uploading your Dexcom data from a receiver
- Uploading Dexcom CGM data from your iPhone
- Uploading Dexcom CGM data from your Android
- Uploading Dexcom CGM data from your Tandem t:slim X2 insulin pump
- Next steps
Uploading your Dexcom data from a receiver
If you view your Dexcom data on a receiver like the ones pictured below, follow these steps:
1. Connect your Dexcom receiver
- Connect your Dexcom receiver to your computer via the micro-USB cable.
- Launch the Tidepool Uploader and log in to your account.
- Confirm "Dexcom" is one of your devices. You can change your devices by selecting "Choose Devices" from the menu under your name.
- Confirm Tidepool Uploader is set to the correct time zone.
2. Upload your data
- Click the "Upload" button to upload your Dexcom data.
Uploading Dexcom CGM data from your iPhone
If you use your iPhone to receive Dexcom G5 or G6 CGM data using the Dexcom app: please follow these instructions to upload your Dexcom CGM data using Tidepool Mobile.
Uploading Dexcom CGM data from your Android
If you use your Android mobile to receive Dexcom G5 or G6 CGM data using the Dexcom app: please follow these instructions to connect your Dexcom account to Tidepool to see your Dexcom CGM data in Tidepool.
Uploading Dexcom CGM data from your Tandem insulin pump
If you use your t:slim X2 as your Dexcom receiver, your Dexcom CGM data will upload along with your insulin pump data: please follow these instructions to upload your t:slim X2 to Tidepool.
After the upload is complete, you can upload another device or click "See data" to view your uploaded data.
If your Dexcom fails to upload:
- Please be sure that you have installed the latest version of the Tidepool Uploader.
- Check that your device is charging when plugged into the cable — if it is not, then you may have a faulty cable or a faulty USB port on your receiver.
- Unplug the device from the micro-USB cable and plug it back in. Wait for the receiver to confirm it is charging before clicking “Upload” again.
- Switch the USB port that the Receiver is attached to on your computer, wait for the receiver to confirm it is charging before clicking “Upload” again.
- Try another micro-USB cable. Some micro-USB cables are designed to carry a signal for power only.
- If you are on a Windows PC, please make sure you have installed the latest Windows updates as this can keep the computer from correctly recognizing the device.
If you uploaded your data, and see nothing in your Tidepool Account:
- Refresh your Tidepool Account.
- If you have only uploaded your Dexcom, please note that this will not show any data in the Basics or Weekly views at this time. Please go to the Daily View or Trends to see your CGM data.
- Please make sure that you are in the correct time period. The Dexcom Receiver only holds up to ~30 days of data.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions or feedback on this article.