This article assumes you have:
- A Tidepool Clinician account — You can create one for free at signup.tidepool.org.
1. Common issues creating accounts
I created a patient account in Tidepool Uploader, but they didn't receive the email to verify or claim their account.
If you or your patient cannot find your verification email in your inbox, please check your Spam folder, and then send a message to email@example.com so we can help. You can also re-send the verification email by entering the email address on this page.
I'm trying to create a patient account, but I see "We can't create this account because that email address already has an account."
- This means your patient already has a Tidepool account associated with this email address. You can use this pre-drafted email to send to your patients to request they share their data with you.
I can't log in — I see an alert saying my login information is incorrect.
- Please double check the spelling of the email address and password. If you are still unable to login, you can reset your password using the "Forgot your password?" link at the bottom of the login prompt at tidepool.org/login.
- If you are certain your username and password are correct, please see: We are trying to install/update Tidepool Uploader or log into Tidepool Web but seeing an error
When I try to login to Tidepool Web, I see "Must open in Chrome" or "Loading app" and the page doesn't show any data.
- Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are the required web browsers to use Tidepool Web. Consult with your IT department if you need help switching what web browser you use.
My patient is under eighteen, their parent or guardian is trying to create a Tidepool account and the "continue" button isn't active
- The questions during the signup process are meant to be answered from the perspective of the caregiver, who is over age 18. Please ensure both consent boxes are checked.
- As you continue, you'll indicate that you are caring someone else when you set up data storage:
2. Common Uploader issues
Where can I determine what cable is needed to upload a device?
- Please review our supported devices list at tidepool.org/devices. Clicking on any device listed on that page will take you directly to the upload guide for that diabetes device, which includes a specific explanation of the type of USB cable required.
Where can I get the USB cable needed to upload my device?
- The USB cables that come with your diabetes devices will work. If you need a replacement, you can reach out to the device manufacturer or order a replacement from an online retailer.
- Some standard USB cables (micro and mini) are power only USB cables and will not work with Tidepool Uploader. You will need to find a replacement cable to use with Tidepool's software.
We are trying to install/update Tidepool Uploader or log into Tidepool Web but seeing an error
- If you are on a work network, please ensure that Tidepool services are allowed so that traffic can pass back and forth successfully. Please share this article Instructions for allowing traffic to Tidepool domains with your IT department to have Tidepool Uploader installed.
3. Common issues for specific devices
Tandem Insulin Pumps
- If the pump is plugged in and charging, but Tidepool Uploader is telling you that the device is not connected:
- Try using the USB cable that came with the pump, that cable is designed to transmit data and will work with Tidepool Uploader.
- Please refer to this support article for additional information — Uploading your Tandem insulin pump
- The recommended way to upload Dexcom data depends on the device you are using as your primary Dexcom receiver used to display Dexcom data. Please follow the instructions listed below based on the device you use.
Abbott FreeStyle Libre
- Tidepool supports uploading data from the FreeStyle Libre reader. If your patients are using an iPhone or Android phone to scan your sensor and see your data, your patients can use our Uploading your LibreView data method as Tidepool does not support the Libre apps or the Libre 2 reader.
- Please refer to this support article for additional information — Uploading your Abbott FreeStyle Libre
- The DASH receiver creates a file that it then sends to Tidepool Uploader when you click "upload" on your computer. If the time/date is discrepant between the PDM and the computer when you tap "export" on the PDM, the file will have the wrong time stamp and you will see an error in Tidepool Uploader.
- The Export screen on the DASH PDM will not be visible if you do not unlock the PDM with the PIN before connecting the Micro USB cable. Ensure you have first unlocked the DASH PDM and then connect it to the computer using a data-capable Micro USB cable and you will be presented with the Export screen.
- If you need to adjust the time/date on a DASH PDM, please unplug the PDM, unlock with the PIN, and then reconnect it to the USB cable and tap "Export" again to create a new file with a new, accurate time stamp, before clicking "Upload" on the computer.
- Please refer to this support article for additional information — Uploading your Omnipod Dash
If your question is not answered here, or by one of the articles you can browse on support.tidepool.org, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with as much detail about your issue as possible and we will work quickly to troubleshoot your issue with you.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions or feedback on this article.