Tidepool Uploader is software that will be installed on any computer within your Clinic or Health System that will be used to upload patient data.
The latest version of Tidepool Uploader can be found at tidepool.org/download.
Coordinate with your IT team to install Tidepool Uploader
- Tidepool Uploader requires administrative privileges to install. Please coordinate with IT department to review and approve use of Tidepool.
- IT staff will often request a list of computers that will be used to upload patient data. Please document these machines for your IT staff.
Please share the following resources with IT staff as they prepare to install Tidepool Uploader on your computers.
- Instructions for silently installing Tidepool Uploader.
- A detailed list of domains that must be allowed on your network to use Tidepool services.
If your patients use OneTouch: The OneTouch Verio, Verio Flex, Verio Reflect, and Select Plus Flex meters are unique in that they show up on the computer like a USB drive, and often in a clinic setting, IT departments have restrictions to prevent software from writing to USB drives.
You will need to consult with your IT team about crafting a security policy to allow Tidepool Uploader to Read & Write to the LIFESCAN volume to allow for patient data to be uploaded from these devices.
- If your IT team has any questions about installing Tidepool Uploader or creating policy exceptions for OneTouch meters, please encourage them to connect with Tidepool's Support team at email@example.com.
Prepare to use Tidepool Uploader
- The full list of devices supported by Tidepool can be found on our Supported Devices page at tidepool.org/devices.
- Upload instructions for specific devices are found within the Device Guides section of our support documentation. Each upload guide includes step-by-step instructions to upload data and a specific mention of the compatible USB cable required to upload that device to Tidepool.
- As you plan to use Tidepool Uploader, please review these instructions which detail how to create new accounts for your patients by using Tidepool Uploader.
- When creating a new account for your patient, don't forget to add your patient's email address to their account so they can view and upload their data from home.
Confirm you have the required USB cables to upload to Tidepool
Upload guides for each supported device include a reference to the required USB cable.
This spreadsheet provides a comprehensive list of USB cable requirements across all supported devices.
If you experience an issue using Tidepool Uploader
Tidepool's Support team is standing by to troubleshoot any issues that arise using Tidepool Uploader. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the help widget in the lower right corner of the Tidepool website to contact us.
To assist with troubleshooting efforts, when contacting Support, please include the following pieces of information:
- The email address of the person who was logged into Tidepool Uploader at the time of the error.
- The device that was being uploaded.
- The approximate date and time of the error.
- If possible, a screenshot of the expanded error message shown in Tidepool Uploader after clicking "Error details".
If you have questions at any time, please contact Tidepool's Clinic Success team at email@example.com.